If you’ve checked out any of our other great slime recipes, then you know you’ll need some kind of activator in order to make the slime. If you’re not sure what that means, it simply means you’ll need to prepare a liquid solution that will help to hold your glue together to make “slime”.
This particular slime recipe will be using ½ teaspoon of borax mixed with ½ cup of water for the activator. This type of activator works great because it’s so easy to prepare and it’s incredibly effective. However, I can understand if some parents have concerns about their kids making crafts with borax. If that’s the case, you can always check out this great recipe that will show you how to make slime without borax.
After mixing together your activator in a glass or a jar, you can then add ½ cup of clear school glue into a small bowl. Slowly add in your activator mixture, stirring in ½ teaspoon at a time. Once the slime forms, take it out to knead and stretch it with your hands. Once you’ve finished mixing the slime up, you’ll want to place it in an airtight container and leave it to sit for 5-7 days. You’ll know your slime is ready to play with when the bubbles disappear and it becomes clear.
As a final note, if you’d like to make this clear slime recipe but you’d really rather not have to use borax, you’re in luck. You can just as easily make this slime by using either contact lens solution or a saline solution as your activator instead. Just mix either option in with your glue and leave it to sit for the same amount of time.
½ cup clear school glue
½ tsp borax
½ cup water
1. To make the activator, in a glass or a jar place the water and borax and stir until dissolved. Set aside.
2. In a bowl place the glue.
3. Slowly add the activator (½ teaspoon at a time), stirring slowly as you pour it, until the slime forms and it begins to get harder to mix.
4. Take the slime out and begin kneading and stretching it. If you find it still too sticky, use gloves (see note*).
5. Knead and stretch until the slime stops sticking to your hands.
6. Once mixed, place the slime in an airtight container.
7. Let sit undisturbed for 5-7 days or until the bubbles disappear and slime becomes clear.
*If necessary, keep adding the activator until desired consistency.